Made it once last week and it was SOO GOOD. This is officially my favorite keto dessert. About to make a second batch now.
Notes about the frosting: It tastes really cream cheesy on its own when you’ve made it. It goes well with the cake though. I put a pretty small layer in between the halves and a regular layer on top and used maybe half the icing. For the second batch, I’m just going to use 2/3 the recipe and increase the layer in the middle.
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons Grated cream coconut from a block (optional if you have it)
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 5 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup Erythritol or sugar subsitute
- 1/2 cup Butter softened at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 8 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons erythritol ground, preferable
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- US Customary - Metric
InstructionsMake the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Grease a square baking tin and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and erythritol together until combined.
- Add the egg yolks, vanilla extract and coconut milk and cream. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the coconut flour, salt and baking powder. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cake batter.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 20 minutes until golden and firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
To Make the Frosting:
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and erythritol together. Add the coconut milk to lightly thin out.
- Beat until smooth. You may want to use a hand blender to smooth any lumps out.
Assemble the cake:
- Place one half of the cake onto of a serving plate.
- Spoon frosting over the half evenly until covered.
- Place the other half on top.
- Cover the top and edges of the cake with the rest of the frosting.
- Sprinkle and press the desiccated coconut onto the frosting.
- Slice and serve!
Source of Coconut Cake with coconut cream cheese frosting Recipe @ divaliciousrecipes.com