- 1 white cake mix (NOT a "moist" mix)
- 1 (15 oz) can Goya Coconut Cream, divided into 3 - 1/2 cup portions
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 c. oil
- 1 (8 oz.) container, frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 c. sweetened coconut flakes (toasted or untoasted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- With a hand or stand mixer, mix the cake mix, 1/2 c. of coconut cream, water, egg whites and oil. Mix batter until smooth. Pour into the prepared pan, and bake for 26-28 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove cake from oven. Using the back end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake. While cake is still hot, drizzle the cake with the second 1/2 c. portion of the coconut cream, making sure to drizzle into the holes and on top of the cake. Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour, or until completely cooled.
- Fold together the remaining 1/2 c. of coconut cream into the thawed container of whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cake. Top with the coconut flakes. Slice and enjoy. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Source of COCONUT CREAM POKE CAKE Recipe @ delightfulemade.com