I tried this recipe and was too salty for us so I increased the water to 2 cups total & added more cornstarch , turned out great!! I suggest using low sodium soups & adding water if you don’t like the strong taste of salt in this recipe but is very simple and quick dinner idea!
- 1 packet of au jus gravy mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 ½-2 pounds cube steak
- To thicken gravy:
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, combine cream of chicken soup, French Onion soup, packet of au jus and water.
- Stir well.
- Put cubed steak in slow cooker with gravy mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook steak on low for 6-8 hours.
- After cooking, it's time to thicken gravy. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cold water. Stir mixture into crock pot.
- Turn the setting to high and cook for 30 minutes (until gravy is thickened.)
Source of Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy Recipe @ thecountrycook.net