Yes I made this cake today and the Crumb topping stayed on the top, will it cause a problem when I put the icing on it.
IngredientsFor the crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened to room temp.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the cake:
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple (do not drain), divided use
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
For the icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 4 tsp. reserved pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Make the crumble topping:
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and butter using a fork. You want to end up with it fully mixed and you should have small crumbles.
- Then, stir in chopped pecans. Set aside.
Prepare the cake:
- First, open up the can of crushed pineapple and set aside 4 teaspoons of pineapple juice to use for the icing later.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed pineapple (with the rest of the juices), lemon cake mix, eggs and oil. Mix for about 2 minutes using an electric mixer.
- Pour cake mix into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for about 35-38 minutes (until it bounces back to the touch or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.) Allow the cake to cool completely.
Making the icing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and pineapple juice. Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing all over the cake. Slice and serve.
Source of Easy Pineapple Crumb Cake Recipe @ thecountrycook.net