I made this recipe for our neighborhood social and it was a hit! I made the Angelfood cake from a box mix. It was not as sweet as some cakes one would buy at the store. I made it in an 9 by 13 pan and people were scraping the pan to get the last little bits!
- 1 box Angel food cake or 1 prepared Angel Food Cake
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers, toasted
- Bake angel food cake according to package's directions. Allow to cool and cut into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, and sour cream and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, arrange 1/2 of cake cubes in a layer.
- Spoon 2/3 of cherry pie filling over cake.
- Place the remaining 1/2 of the cake on top of pie filling.
- Spoon pudding over cake and spread evenly.
- Spoon and spread whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Garnish cake with the remaining pie filling and toasted almonds. Chill for about 4 to 5 hours.
Source of Heaven on Earth Cake Recipe @ onionringsandthings.com