I make several kinds of these delights and I use 1 envelope of Dream Whip per 8 oz. of cream cheese. The Dream Whip has to be mixed with milk before adding the cream cheese it works great and fewer calories.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup ground or very finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Lemon Delight Layers:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2½ cups thawed Cool Whip (or homemade Cool Whip)
- 2 small pkgs instant lemon pudding (roughly 99 grams each)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional, but I like the tartness it provides)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup icing sugar (also known as powdered sugar or confectioners sugar)
- 3 tbsp finely chopped pecans (to sprinkle on top)
- Combine flour, chopped pecans and melted butter.
- Make sure your pecans are either ground or chopped very finely so crust holds together nicely.
- Stir together until well-blended and crumbly.
- Press into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes and let cool completely
Cream Cheese and Layer:
- With electric beaters, mix the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in 1 cup of Cool Whip and spread this mixture over crust, working slowly if crust crumbles easily.
Lemon Pudding Layer:
- Whisk together the pudding packets and milk.
- Add lemon juice and continue to stir until thick.
- Spread pudding mixture over cream cheese layer.
Cool Whip Layer:
- Spoon remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer
- Sprinkle a with finely chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Source of Luscious Lemon Delight Recipe @ happyhooligans.ca