So many delicious flavours in this sweet treat. I love salted caramel. A great dessert to take to a party. It would disappear in a flash.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- 4 ounces white chocolate , chopped into large chunks
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, powder, soda and salt) and set aside.
- Crack open the eggs and combine with the vanilla in a small bowl.
- Place the butter and sugars in a mixing bowl.
- Place all of the caramel ingredients in a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed saucepan and set aside.
- With a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add in the egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients, mixing just to combine.
- Turn the heat on to medium low and stir constantly while the butter and sugar melt.
- Once melted, turn the heat up to medium high, stirring often.
- Bring the mixture to 235F or until it's thickened and is a medium caramel brown. (I measured the temperature with an instant read thermometer because the caramel isn't deep enough for a candy thermometer).
- Take the caramel off the heat and let cool for a minute.
- Place half of the dough in the baking pan and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Pour half of the caramel in the baking pan.
- Scatter the white chocolate on top of the caramel (be careful the caramel will still be very hot).
- Dot the pan with spoonfuls of the remaining dough.
- Pour remaining caramel on top.
- Sprinkle the cashew halves onto the caramel.
- Using a measuring cup, press the top of the blondies to even out the dough.
- Place the baking pan in the bottom rack of the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles when you shake the pan.
Source of Salted Caramel Blondies with White Chocolate and Cashews Recipe @ vintagekitty.com