I have been doing just chocolate chip and coconut oil and never thought the agave syrup was the reason it was the thing keeping it from turning hard when not in use.
- 4.5 ounces (3/4 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 3 ounces (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted if solid
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the chocolate chips, coconut oil, and agave syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat it on high for 30 seconds. Stir gently until the mixture is smooth. If the chocolate will not melt completely after stirring for 30 seconds, microwave again for another 15 seconds, and stir. When the mixture is smooth, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the sauce into a squirt bottle and let it cool before using it (about 15 min.). Be sure to shake the bottle well before each use. And don't store it in your fridge.
Source of Smucker's Chocolate Fudge Magic Shell Hack Recipe @ topsecretrecipes.com