- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ￼
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup or 2 sticks butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanila extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 ½ cups crushed cornflakes I just overfill the cup, then push down on them with my hand to crush to 1 cup.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Combine pecans, olive oil, honey and salt on in a small pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Place in oven for 3 minutes. Remove and stir to coat pecans with oil/honey mixture. Return to oven and bake for another 6-7 minutes or until pecans are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed for 2-3 minute or until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl half way through.
- Add eggs, once at a time while continuing to beat. Add vanilla and mix.
- With mixer on low speed, add prepared flour mixture, beating until just combined. Add oats, chocolate chips (both kinds) coconut, toffee bits, cornflakes and prepared pecans. (If you want your cookies to look extra special, reserve about 2 tablespoons of each of the chips and 2 tablespoons of the toasted pecans for garnish - see directions for this is step 6). Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Scoop up dough (I use an ice cream scoop that holds 3 tablespoons) and roll into balls with your hands. Place on prepared sheet pans, spacing the cookies 2-inches apart. Flatten each cookie slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake for 10 minutes. If you've reserved some of the chocolate chips and pecans for garnish, remove cookies from oven at this point and scatter a few chocolate chips and pecans over the top of each cookie. Return to oven for another 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. (If you are in a hurry and don't want to do this extra step, just bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until golden.) Let cookies cool on sheet pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container or freeze in a covered container.
Source of Toffee Cowboy Cookies Recipe @ thecafesucrefarine.com